About CBAI Marketing Groups
CBAI's Marketing Groups enable community bank marketing professionals to meet quarterly to discuss timely issues with their peers. Participation in the Marketing Groups comes with a long list of benefits. Members form lasting relationships with non-competing marketing professionals, solve pressing problems, obtain access to highly-respected industry experts, improve marketing practices in the bank, and bring back new resources and ideas from every meeting. Topics for discussion may include strategic planning, cross-selling techniques, design and layout secrets, budgeting, incentive programs, target marketing, non-traditional bank competition, surveys, and market research.
- Form lasting relationships with non-competing marketing professionals and share resources and ideas between meetings
- Solve your most pressing problems
- Obtain access to highly respected experts in the field
- Improve your bank’s marketing practices
Increase your understanding of communication and marketing issues
- Come away with resources and new ideas from every meeting
- Grow professionally, as well as personally
How Do the Groups Work?
- CBAI organizes the Groups based on bank size and market to ensure that marketing professionals have as much in common as possible without being competitors.
- The groups remain small (no more than 12 participants). Because each participant must trust other Group members, no substitutes are permitted unless by unanimous consent of the remaining members.
- Other consultants from a variety of firms may be invited to address the group on marketing issues. This expertise would cost thousands of dollars if you had to pay for it on a “real-time” basis.
- Groups meet quarterly at a date and location determined by the Group members.
- Four to six issues are usually discussed at each session. Participants are contacted for agenda items approximately three weeks prior to each meeting.
- CBAI is responsible for correspondence, meeting details, some speaker resources, and other expertise.
Meet Your Group Facilitators
is a digital strategist at WSI, Battle
Creek, MI. With 15 years of hand's-on experience as a community banker, Cook and his
WSI office have special expertise on helping
community-focused institutions engage
online. Cook is on the faculty of the
Graduate School of Banking, Madison, WI,
as well as a graduate, and serves as a
Marketing Group facilitator for multiple state
banking associations. Cook holds a double
major business degree in business administration and psychology from Alma College,
Alma, MI and a masters degree from Western
Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI.
is an entrepreneurial
senior executive with consistent success in
starting, building, and growing the profitability, performance and value of small/midsized companies. His SMB experience
includes owning his own printing company
in the Chicago area and serving as president/CEO of three Central Illinois companies. During his 35-year business career,
Moravec has been dedicated to results driven
methodology, process improvements and
high levels of customer service. Over the last
four years he served as Director of Sales at
Integrity Data in Lincoln, IL and has a
degree in business administration from
Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington, IL.
How Do I Sign Up?
Return the registration form on the back of this brochure. The cost to participate in the Marketing Groups is $999 annually. Checks should be made payable to CBAI.
For more information, please contact Jennifer Nika
, VP Education & Special Events
at 217/529-2265 or 800/736-2224.