SENIOR LENDERS FORUMS
About CBAI Senior Lenders Forums
CBAI is pleased to introduce the Senior Lenders Forums. The Forums provide an opportunity for community bank lenders to discuss important issues with non-competing community bankers. The Senior Lender Forums are designed to be a rewarding experience where you can grow professionally, as well as personally.
Benefits of Senior Lenders Forums
Here are just a few of the benefits from participating in this program:
- Improve the profitability of your loan portfolio
- Reduce the risk in your loan portfolio
- Increase your understanding of regulatory issues
- Form lasting relationships with non-competing senior lenders
- Solve your most pressing problems.
- Obtain access to highly respected banking experts
Grow professionally as well as personally
How Do the Senior Lenders Forums Work?
- CBAI organizes the Forums to ensure that senior lenders have as much in common as possible without being competitors.
- The groups remain small (no more than 12 participants). Because each participant must trust other Forum members, no substitutes are permitted unless by unanimous consent of the remaining members.
- CBAI provides a banking specialist to act as facilitator.
- Other consultants from a variety of firms may be invited to address the group. This expertise would cost thousands of dollars if you had to pay for it on a “real-time” basis.
- Forums meet quarterly on a date and location determined by the Forum members.
- Four to six issues are usually discussed at each session. Participants are contacted for agenda items approximately two weeks prior to each meeting.
- A manual based on Forum topics is compiled.
Possible Forum Topics
- Profitability Issues - The economy/marketplace pricing discipline; Loan fees/waivers; margin maintenance; customer segmentation
- Regulatory Issues - Current events; Reg Z; Examiners' hot buttons
- Lending/Risk Issues - Making underwriting more effective; mistakes lenders make; loan grading; handling problem credits
- Personal Growth - Time management; leadership and vision; communication strategies
- Alternative Products/Emerging Issues - Mortgage market products; lender environmental insurance
- Sales Issues - Negotiation skills; motivation and incentives
- People Issues - Coaching for performance; personal improvement plans
- Technology Terms - New products
Meet Your Facilitator
Richard Hamm with Advantage Consulting & Training has been training bankers for 26 years, designing and delivering courses specializing in commercial lending and credit, including portfolio and risk management, commercial real estate (CRE) and appraisals, plus selling and negotiating skills, and director training. His clients include national associations such as The Risk Management Association (RMA); regional banking schools such as the Barret School of Banking – Memphis, the Graduate School of Banking – Wisconsin, the Southwestern Graduate School of Banking – Dallas, the Graduate School of Banking at Colorado, and the Western States School of Banking; state banking and community banking associations in a dozen states; and individual banks.
He is based in Huntsville, AL, and has owned/operated Advantage Consulting & Training for 12 years, after a 22-year banking career including senior positions in lending and credit, plus president of a community bank through formation, then acquisition of an existing bank. He has BS and MBA degrees from the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.
For more information or to join a Senior Lenders Forum, please contact Tracy McQuinn, SVP Education & Special Events
at 217/529-2265 or 800/736-2224.