Leads and manages the Bank’s technology initiatives including: infrastructure, security/risk, core, digital services, and ancillary applications. The Senior Technology Officer is responsible for all facets of the internal technology required to support and sustain the Bank’s strategic initiatives. Responsibilities will range from management of technology strategies, handling regulatory policies and procedures, and supervision of the network, data processing and e-banking activities. The Senior Technology Officer provides leadership to Senior Management in the continual integration and alignment of technology, people, and processes in accordance with organizational-wide strategic plans.
1. Provides hands-on leadership in defining technology strategy, research, design and implementation, and serves as a project manager on key initiatives.
2. Directs and manages interdepartmental technology guidance, planning, and coordination of activities to accomplish bank-wide objectives.
3. Responsible for the IS/Cyber Security, Vendor Management, and BCP/DR Policies and testing.
4. Responsible for IT contracts and management of critical vendors.
5. Responsible for the Bank’s IT regulatory audits and examinations.
6. Analyzes and reports on current and alternative technology strategies to ensure efficient and effective performance and accessibility.
7. Manages the successful deployment, enhancement, and support of the network, data processing, and e-banking products and services.
8. Works with senior management and auditors to develop, train, and implement all security related programs, including those for architecture, security, risk, and business contingency.
9. Ensures department personnel adhere to security polices, maintain documentation and uphold network and system integrity.
1. Candidate must possess:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in the field of technology or business with at least two years of experience OR
• A minimum of six years of experience with supervisory experience
2. Prior bank experience highly preferred. particularly in core and ancillary bank applications and technology operations.
3. Business understanding of LAN/WAN technologies, server/storage, telecommunications, operating systems, and regulation and security standards.
4. Strong leadership, project management and collaboration skills.
5. Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and strong dedication to customer-service orientation.
7. Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
State Bank of Lincoln is a locally owned $350 million bank located in Lincoln, Illinois. It is the leading financial institution in Logan County and one of the top performing banks in the State of Illinois. We will offer an extremely competitive compensation program and excellent benefits. For full consideration submit a resume, cover letter, salary history and references to Casey Boggs, Vice President, State Bank of Lincoln, P.O. Box 529, Lincoln, Illinois 62656, or e-mail to email@example.com
EOE, Member FDIC