Position: Insurance Customer Service Representative
Location: Manteno, Illinois
Wage/Salary: $20 - $24.50 per hour
To apply: Visit the employment section of our website at: www.homestarbank.com to fill out our online application.
Assist insurance customers by answering to phone and walk in business and processing any claim, payments, quotes, or requotes for new or existing business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answer and respond to inbound customer calls.
2. Answer and respond to walk in customers.
3. Retain policyholders who inquire about canceling through open listening, negotiation, and policy review.
4. Process customer payments and make alternate payment arrangements as needed.
5. Process changes to customer policies.
6. Respond to customer inquiries or problems and explain processing procedures.
7. Process claims for customer insurance policies.
8. Research and resolve customer complaints to ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
9. Identify opportunities to cross sell or refer bank products and services.
10. Quote or requote insurance policies for new or existing business.
11. Prepares and/or assists with commercial proposals.
12. Interface directly with insurance companies on all personal lines, new business, existing business, correspondence to underwriter and receiving office, and endorsement requests.
13. Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws and regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act.
14. Achieve annual referral expectations for the Bank.
15. All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. High School Diploma required
2. Property and Casualty Insurance License required.
3. Valid Group Health Insurance License preferred
4. 0 to 2 years of insurance customer service or sales preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent communication skills. A CSR requires strong listening skills to interpret customer needs and then communicate back in verbal and written format.
2. Strong multitasking skills to coordinate and perform daily activities without compromising accuracy.
3. Strong organizational skills to manage daily calls, claims and insurance computer processing.
4. Intermediate computer skills utilizing spreadsheet, word processing, and insurance software preferred. (Use of Microsoft products is a plus).
5. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
6. Basic to intermediate math skills.
1. Computer use up to 8 hours a day
2. Lifting of weights up to 20lbs
HomeStar is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.