CBAI's Marketing Groups enable community bank marketing professionals to meet quarterly to discuss timely issues with their peers. Participation in the Marketing Groups comes with a long list of benefits. Members form lasting relationships with non-competing marketing professionals, solve pressing problems, obtain access to highly-respected industry experts, improve marketing practices in the bank, and bring back new resources and ideas from every meeting. Topics for discussion may include strategic planning, cross-selling techniques, design and layout secrets, budgeting, incentive programs, target marketing, non-traditional bank competition, surveys, and market research.
- Form lasting relationships with non-competing marketing professionals and share resources and ideas between meetings
- Solve your most pressing problems
- Obtain access to highly respected experts in the field
- Improve your bank’s marketing practices
- Increase your understanding of communication and marketing issues
- Come away with resources and new ideas from every meeting
- Grow professionally, as well as personally
How Do the Groups Work?
- CBAI organizes the Groups based on bank size and market to ensure that marketing professionals have as much in common as possible without being competitors.
- he groups remain small (no more than 12 participants). Because each participant must trust other Group members, no substitutes are permitted unless by unanimous consent of the remaining members.
- Other consultants from a variety of firms may be invited to address the group on marketing issues. This expertise would cost thousands of dollars if you had to pay for it on a “real-time” basis.
- Groups meet quarterly at a date and location determined by the Group members.
- Four to six issues are usually discussed at each session. Participants are contacted for agenda items approximately three weeks prior to each meeting.
- CBAI is responsible for correspondence, meeting details, some speaker resources, and other expertise.
Meet Your Group Facilitator
Lori Philo-Cook has more than 20 years of experience in marketing, strategic planning, customer satisfaction programs, and corporate communications. She is a Certified Financial Marketing Professional (CFMP) and holds a master’s degree in marketing communications from Wayne State University, Detroit, MI. During the past two decades, she has held positions as the marketing director for Key Bank of Alaska, Northrim Bank, and Alaska Pacific Bank. She has been responsible for marketing planning and budgets, branding, advertising development and media placement, direct mail, product development/pricing, MCIF database management, website development, internal and external communications, annual reports, public relations, and customer service.
What Participants Have Said
"Lori is wonderful. She is knowledgeable, prepared, and a wonderful resource. I look forward to our meetins every quarter."
Tracy Bedeker, AVP Sales & Marketing
First Federal Savings Bank, Ottawa
"The ability to openly share thoughts and gather insight from other banks facing the same marketing challenges is priceless! Lori does a great job and the groupsite on the web is extremely beneficial. The Marketing Group has benefitted our bank well beyond the annual costs to attend the meetings."
Kim McKee, AVP/Branch Manager/Marketing Director
North Central Bank, Hennepin (Ladd Branch)
How Do I Sign Up?
Return the registration form on the back of this brochure. The cost to participate in the Marketing Groups is $899 annually. Checks should be made payable to CBAI. If you have any questions regarding the Marketing Groups, please call Valerie Johnston, vice president of Education and Special Events, at 800/736-2224.
Please click here for a registration form.
For more information, contact Valerie Johnston, Vice President Education & Special Events, at 800-736-2224 or 217-529-2265