- Assists customers either on the phone or in person with inquiries about existing accounts or with general inquiries about lending services. Refers customers to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Maintains ongoing customer contact as part of day-to-day problem resolution and transactions.
- Assists in the loan approval, renewal, documentation, closing, and settlement process.
- Schedules appointments for customers with lenders.
- Processes customer payments and advances as needed
- Knows bank products and policies for opening new accounts and setting up electronic services for commercial customers.
- Monitors and requests annual financial information for agricultural and commercial lending customers.
- Scans financial information and other relevant underwriting documents.
- Prepares short-form underwriting worksheets for smaller credits.
- Composes and prepares correspondence including emails, individual letters, and larger mailings.
- Manages sales tracking system.
- Assists with data input and report generation.
- Assists with the closing of loans as needed.
- Maintains thorough and up-to-date knowledge on all lending compliance regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Five years of experience in a professional office environment required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Experience in a commercial and/or agricultural lending environment preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated computer skill proficiency with Microsoft products required; banking software knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships required.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify work tasks and execute work independently required.
The Gerber State Bank located in Argenta, Illinois is currently taking applications for a Mortgage Loan Officer.
- Full-time position
- Attractive benefits
- Develop loan portfolio. Residential, consumer and commercial loans
- Evaluates loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness.
- Improves loan applications and documentation by informing applicant of additional requirements
- Rejects loans by explaining deficiencies to applicants.
- Approves loans by issuing checks or forwarding applications to loan committee
- Helps customers by answering questions; responding to requests.
- Operate core banking software and Loan software programs
- Maintain continued education through selected training courses
Skills and Experience:
- College degree in Business or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of banking experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to perform tasks without supervision
- Personable and professional
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Internet savvy
- Able to work closely with others
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work every third Saturday
- Leadership skills Problem solving ability
Please submit resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org