The Gerber State Bank located in Argenta, Illinois is currently taking applications for a Mortgage Loan Officer.
- Full-time position
- Attractive benefits
- Develop loan portfolio. Residential, consumer and commercial loans
- Evaluates loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness.
- Improves loan applications and documentation by informing applicant of additional requirements
- Rejects loans by explaining deficiencies to applicants.
- Approves loans by issuing checks or forwarding applications to loan committee
- Helps customers by answering questions; responding to requests.
- Operate core banking software and Loan software programs
- Maintain continued education through selected training courses
Skills and Experience:
- College degree in Business or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of banking experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to perform tasks without supervision
- Personable and professional
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Internet savvy
- Able to work closely with others
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work every third Saturday
- Leadership skills Problem solving ability
Please submit resume and references to: email@example.com
- Evaluate clients’ credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit
- Prepare clear and objective reports about the degree of risk associated with loan opportunities across a wide variety of industries
- Generate clear and objective loan presentations with accurate, thorough supporting documentation for credit committee review
- Effectively communicate with loan administration and loan officers to ensure credit files are complete with current information
- Certify that credit recommendations comply with our loan policy and all regulations/li>
- Stay up-to-date with legal, regulatory and market risk related issues
- Assist business-lending teammates as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Proven working experience as a credit analyst
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and able to demonstrate proficiency with statistical and financial software
- Ability to read and interpret business and personal financial statements, tax returns and credit bureau reports
- Ability to research and evaluate data to make informed decisions
- Strong written communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate findings
- Sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information
(no phone calls please)
- Associates degree preferred and/or three years of related work experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Trust and investment experience preferred.